The History of Brews Supply
The Brews company name has undergone a few changes since it was established in 1927. BREWS Supply continues with the same tradition of adapting to the changes in their business environment!
Robert L Brews started the business as a manufacturer’s representative in Calgary in 1927. At that time his focus was on supplying equipment to the Electric Utilities in Alberta. In 1950 the company opened a full branch operation in Edmonton and expanded the market focus to cover all Industrial users of electrical control and apparatus. In 1952 the company was incorporated as R.L. Brews & Son Ltd. By the mid 60’s the company started the process of changing from an agent to a distributor.
In 1988 Brews joined the Canadian Electrical Distributors Association and expanded the product offering to cover all the electrical equipment needs of industrial users. At the same time the sales force was separated in to the Industrial and Utility divisions.
In October 2000 R.L. Brews Ltd joined Affiliated Distributors the largest collection of independent distributors in North America.
April 2006, R.L. Brews was sold and is no longer family owned. The company name was changed to Brews Supply Ltd to reflect this change in business ownership. The two electrical divisions are under the corporate name Brews Supply Ltd.
October 3, 2011 WESCO announced its acquisition of Brews Supply Ltd and are now known as 'Brews Supply - A Division of WESCO Distribution Canada LP'.
Please complete the form below and a Brews Supply representative will contact you shortly.